Re: Add visibility map information to pg_freespace.

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Add visibility map information to pg_freespace.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 14 June 2013 15:22, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
>> Helle,
>>
>> I've added visibility map information to pg_freespace for my
>> utility.
>
> This makes sense to me.  I only lament the fact that this makes the
> module a misnomer.  Do we want to 1) rename the module (how
> inconvenient), 2) create a separate module for this (surely not
> warranted), or 3) accept it and move on?

I'm not sure why this is suggested as being part of pg_freespace and
not part of pageinspect? (Which is where all the other inspection
tools live).

If I wanted to see the vismap (and I do...) then I'd like to see the
whole vismap, not just the part that relates to blocks currently in
cache.

If you do want that, you can just join the two things together
(function to see vismap joined to pg_freespace).

(Having said that, I don't have a major objection to it being in
pg_freespace as well).

--Simon Riggs                   http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training & Services