Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Additional role attributes && superuser review
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 15 October 2014 06:22, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:

>   BACKUP:
>     pg_start_backup()
>     pg_stop_backup()
>     pg_switch_xlog()
>     pg_create_restore_point()

Yes, but its more complex. As Jim says, you need to include pg_dump,
plus you need to include the streaming utilities, e.g. pg_basebackup.

>   LOGROTATE:
>     pg_rotate_logfile()

Do we need one just for that?

>   MONITOR:
>     View detailed information regarding other processes.
>     pg_stat_get_wal_senders()
>     pg_stat_get_activity()

+1

>   Connect using 'reserved' slots
>     This is another one which we might add as another role attribute.

RESERVED?

Perhaps we need a few others also - BASHFUL, HAPPY, GRUMPY etc