Re: BUG #6239: Looking for a technical contact point for PostgreSQL compatibility issue on Windows8

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: BUG #6239: Looking for a technical contact point for PostgreSQL compatibility issue on Windows8
Дата
Re: BUG #6239: Looking for a technical contact point for PostgreSQL compatibility issue on Windows8  (Gavin Flower <GavinFlower@archidevsys.co.nz>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On 4 October 2011 02:42, Seiko Ishida <v-seishi@microsoft.com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      6239
> Logged by:          Seiko Ishida
> Email address:      v-seishi@microsoft.com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.2.4
> Operating system:   Windows 8
> compatibility issue on Windows8
> Details:
>
> Hello,
>
> I am a Program Manager with the Ecosystem Engineering team at Microsoft.
>
> I am looking for a technical contact point to notify of compatibility issues
> with PostgreSQL.
> Could you please connect me to the appropriate
> individual for this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Seiko Ishida
> Microsoft ISV Readiness, EcoSystem Engineering Team
> Program Manager
> Ref : 341057

As a general check, I'd like to raise the topic of Window 8 and
Windows Server 2012 support.

PostgreSQL 9.2 will be released in next few weeks/months, since we are
now at release candidate stage.

Can I confirm that both Microsoft and PostgreSQL community thinks
Windows 8/Server 2012 is fully supported?

I can't see build farm members running either of those relases, and
there's been no further comments on this issue here. Is somebody doing
private testing on behalf of the community?

Should we be mentioning Windows8 and Server 2012 support in our
release notes? It seems like it could be "a feature", or at very least
it will be a popular question. OTOH, we don't mention "tuned for the
Linux 3 kernel", but then perhaps we should be doing that as well...