Re: Clock sweep not caching enough B-Tree leaf pages?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Clock sweep not caching enough B-Tree leaf pages?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 2:53 PM, Jim Nasby <Jim.Nasby@bluetreble.com> wrote:
> I think that would help, but it still leaves user backends trying to advance
> the clock, which is quite painful. Has anyone tested running the clock in
> the background? We need a wiki page with all the ideas that have been tested
> around buffer management...

Amit's bgreclaimer patch did that, but we weren't able to demonstrate
a clear benefit.  I haven't given up on the idea yet, but we've got to
be able to prove that it's a good idea in practice as well as in
theory.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company