Re: refactoring basebackup.c

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: refactoring basebackup.c
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 7, 2021 at 7:50 AM Jeevan Ladhe
<jeevan.ladhe@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> I think the patch v6-0007-Support-base-backup-targets.patch has broken
> the case for multiple tablespaces. When I tried to take the backup
> for target 'none' and extract the base.tar I was not able to locate
> tablespace_map file.
>
> I debugged and figured out in normal tar backup i.e. '-Ft' case
> pg_basebackup command is sent with TABLESPACE_MAP to the server:
> BASE_BACKUP ( LABEL 'pg_basebackup base backup', PROGRESS,
> TABLESPACE_MAP, MANIFEST 'yes', TARGET 'client')
>
> But, with the target command i.e. "pg_basebackup -t server:/tmp/data_v1
> -Xnone", we are not sending the TABLESPACE_MAP, here is how the command
> is sent:
> BASE_BACKUP ( LABEL 'pg_basebackup base backup', PROGRESS, MANIFEST
> 'yes', TARGET 'server', TARGET_DETAIL '/tmp/data_none')
>
> I am attaching a patch to fix this issue.

Thanks. Here's a new patch set incorporating that change. I committed
the preparatory patches to add an extensible options syntax for
CREATE_REPLICATION_SLOT and BASE_BACKUP, so those patches are no
longer included in this patch set. Barring objections, I will also
push 0001, a small preparatory refactoring patch, soon.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Вложения