Re: Providing catalog view to pg_hba.conf file - Patch submission

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Providing catalog view to pg_hba.conf file - Patch submission
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 16, 2015 at 1:46 PM, David G. Johnston
<david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why not just leave the double-quoting requirements intact.  An unquoted
> <any> or <sameuser> (etc) would represent the special keyword while the
> quoted version would mean that the name is used literally.

That would be OK with me, I think.

> I'm not totally opposed to using some other quoting symbol to represent
> keywords as well - like "*" (e.g., *all*).  Like Greg, I'm not to keen on
> the idea of adding additional keyword columns.

We probably should not use one quoting convention in the file and
another in the view.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Providing catalog view to pg_hba.conf file - Patch submission
Сообщение: Re: Providing catalog view to pg_hba.conf file - Patch submission