Re: [HACKERS] make check false success

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] make check false success
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 5:23 AM, Sandro Santilli <strk@kbt.io> wrote:
> Why not ? The caller is attempting to make an unsupported target,
> how's that different from calling `make unexistent` ?

That's a good point, but what Tom wrote is along the lines of my
concerns also, especially his last paragraph about REGRESS not being
defined at all.  I think we have a convention that 'make check'
succeeds if it runs all of the tests, even if the set of all tests
happens to be the empty set.

What was your motivation for wanting this changed in the first place?
It seems like either behavior could be more convenient for someone,
depending on the context.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] shm_toc_lookup API
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] shm_toc_lookup API