Re: Allow WAL information to recover corrupted pg_controldata

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Allow WAL information to recover corrupted pg_controldata
Дата
Re: Allow WAL information to recover corrupted pg_controldata  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 5:25 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com> wrote:
> Based on the discussion and suggestions in this mail chain, following features can be implemented:
>
> 1. To compute the value of max LSN in data pages based on user input whether he wants it for an individual file,
>   a particular directory or whole database.
>
> 2a. To search the available WAL files for the latest checkpoint record and prints the value.
> 2b. To search the available WAL files for the latest checkpoint record and recreates a pg_control file pointing at
thatcheckpoint.

> I have kept both options to address different kind of corruption scenarios.

I think I can see all of those things being potentially useful.  There
are a couple of pending patches that will revise the WAL format
slightly; not sure how much those are likely to interfere with any
development you might do on (2) in the meantime.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: COMMUTATOR doesn't seem to work
Сообщение: Re: COMMUTATOR doesn't seem to work