Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning vs. sql_inheritance

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Declarative partitioning vs. sql_inheritance
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 16, 2016 at 2:34 PM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> It occurs to me this probably isn't the only GUC that's basically just
> a foot gun at this point.
>
> Is 10 a good time to sweep and clear them?

We never make any progress trying to do these things "in bulk".  If
you think there are other GUCs that need to be removed, start a thread
for each one, or closely related group, and let's talk about it on the
merits.  On this thread, let's just decide whether or not to remove
sql_inheritance.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company