Re: Crash in partition-wise join involving dummy partitioned relation

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Crash in partition-wise join involving dummy partitioned relation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Feb 5, 2018 at 11:02 PM, Ashutosh Bapat
<ashutosh.bapat@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> The comment says why it checks both bounds and part_scheme, but it
> doesn't explain why we check nparts, part_rels etc. My patch had that
> explanation.

Hmm, well, I couldn't understand it from your comment.  I'm fine with
adding more explanation, but it needs to be brief yet clear.

> Or may be with these changes those checks are not needed.
> Should we remove those?

I think you had them there originally so that you could Assert() on
them, but I do suspect that they're not all needed at runtime.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company