Re: [HACKERS] Transactions involving multiple postgres foreign servers

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Transactions involving multiple postgres foreign servers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 30, 2017 at 2:30 AM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> "txn" can be used for abbreviation of "Transaction", so for example
> pg_fdw_txn_resolver?
> I'm also fine to change the module and function name.

If we're judging the relative clarity of various ways of abbreviating
the word "transaction", "txn" surely beats "x".

To repeat my usual refrain, is there any merit to abbreviating at all?Could we call it, say, "fdw_transaction_resolver"
or
"fdw_transaction_manager"?

--
Robert Haas