Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: cataloguing NOT NULL constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 24, 2023 at 6:33 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> That's the first thing I proposed actually.  I got one vote down from
> Robert Haas[1], but while the idea seems to have had support from Justin
> Pryzby (in \dt++) [2] and definitely did from Peter Eisentraut [3], I do
> not like it too much myself, mainly because the partition list has a
> very similar treatment and I find that one an annoyance.

I think I might want to retract my earlier -1 vote. I mean, I agree
with former me that having the \d+ output get a whole lot longer is
not super-appealing. But I also agree with Dean that having this
information available somewhere is probably important, and I also
agree with your point that inventing \d++ for this isn't necessarily a
good idea. I fear that will just result in having to type an extra
plus sign any time you want to see all of the table details, to make
sure that psql knows that you really mean it. So, maybe showing it in
the \d+ output as Dean proposes is the least of evils.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com