Re: PATCH: Avoid use of __attribute__ when building with old Sun compiler versions

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: PATCH: Avoid use of __attribute__ when building with old Sun compiler versions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 2, 2016 at 11:55 AM, Andy Grundman <andyg@activestate.com> wrote:
> The use of __attribute__ is currently enabled by checking for
> __SUNPRO_C. However, this compiler only added support for
> __attribute__ keywords in version 5.10 [1]. This patch adds a version
> check to only enable this for supported versions [2].
>
> I have tested this with Sun C 5.8 on a Solaris 9 SPARC system,
> building 9.5.4 (+OpenSSL 1.1.0 patches).

Wow, so we'd need this if building on a compiler released before June
2007.  Is this the only change that's needed to build with the older
compiler?  Can you set up a buildfarm member for this platform?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company