Re: FKey not enforced resulting in broken Dump/Reload

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: FKey not enforced resulting in broken Dump/Reload
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 19, 2013 at 12:58 PM, Rod Taylor <rod.taylor@gmail.com> wrote:
> A poorly coded trigger on the referencing table has the ability to break
> foreign keys, and as a result create a database which cannot be dumped and
> reloaded.
>
> The BEFORE DELETE trigger accidentally does RETURN NEW, which suppresses the
> DELETE action by the foreign key trigger. This allows the record from the
> referenced table to be deleted and the record in the referencing table to
> remain in place.
>
> While I don't expect Pg to do what the coder meant, but it should throw an
> error and not leave foreign key'd data in an invalid state.

This is a known limitation of our foreign key machinery.  It might
well be susceptible to improvement, but I wouldn't count on anyone
rewriting it in the near future.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: getting rid of SnapshotNow
Сообщение: Re: getting rid of SnapshotNow