Re: [v9.2] make_greater_string() does not return a string in some cases

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [v9.2] make_greater_string() does not return a string in some cases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 9:36 PM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi.kyotaro@oss.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> This must be the basis of the behavior of pg_utf8_verifier(), and
> pg_utf8_increment() has taken over it. It may be good to describe
> this origin of the special handling as comment of these functions
> to avoid this sort of confusion.

Oh, you know what?  I'm misreading this code.  *facepalm*

I thought that code was looking for 0xED/0xF4 in the second position,
but it's actually looking for them in the first position, which makes
vastly more sense.  Whee!

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company