Re: Fix DROP TABLESPACE on Windows with ProcSignalBarrier?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Fix DROP TABLESPACE on Windows with ProcSignalBarrier?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jun 13, 2021 at 8:25 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just as an FYI: this entry currently fails with "Timed out!" on cfbot
> because of an oversight in the master branch[1], AFAICS.  It should
> pass again once that's fixed.
>
> [1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BhUKGLah2w1pWKHonZP_%2BEQw69%3Dq56AHYwCgEN8GDzsRG_Hgw%40mail.gmail.com

That's fixed now. So what should we do about this patch? This is a
bug, so it would be nice to do *something*. I don't really like the
fact that this makes the behavior contingent on USE_ASSERT_CHECKING,
and I suggest that you make a new symbol like USE_BARRIER_SMGR_RELEASE
which by default gets defined on WIN32, but can be defined elsewhere
if you want (see the treatment of EXEC_BACKEND in pg_config_manual.h).
Furthermore, I can't see back-patching this, given that it would be
the very first use of the barrier machinery. But I think it would be
good to get something into master, because then we'd actually be using
this procsignalbarrier stuff for something. On a good day we've fixed
a bug. On a bad day we'll learn something new about how
procsignalbarrier needs to work.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com