Re: libpq host/hostaddr/conninfo inconsistencies

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: libpq host/hostaddr/conninfo inconsistencies
Дата
Re: libpq host/hostaddr/conninfo inconsistencies  (Fabien COELHO <coelho@cri.ensmp.fr>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 1:10 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> > (2) you are not against improving the documentation, although you find it
> > clear enough already, but you agree that some people could get confused.
> >
> > The attached patch v4 only improves the documentation so that it reflects
> > what the implementation really does. I think it too bad to leave out the
> > user-friendly aspects of the patch, though.
>
> Robert, any chance you could opine on the doc patch, given that's your
> suggested direction?

I find it to be a more change than we really need, and I'm not sure
how much it helps to clarify the issue at hand. Here is a simpler
change which seems like it might do the trick (or maybe not, let's see
what others think).

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company