Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pg_rewind: Don't error if the two clusters are already on the sa

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pg_rewind: Don't error if the two clusters are already on the sa
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 8:44 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 9:11 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> writes:
>>> pg_rewind: Don't error if the two clusters are already on the same timeline
>>> This previously resulted in an error and a nonzero exit status, but
>>> after discussion this should rather be a noop with a zero exit status.
>>
>> Hm, if we're going to do that, shouldn't we back-patch the behavior
>> change into 9.5 as well?
>
> +1. It would be good to get consistent across branches here.

This is one of the (darned few) things still on the open items list
for 9.5.  Peter, are you going to take care of this?  Or alternatively
make an argument that we shouldn't do this?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company