Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] BUG #14825: enum type: unsafe use?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] BUG #14825: enum type: unsafe use?
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] BUG #14825: enum type: unsafe use?  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Jan 11, 2018 at 11:01 PM, Thomas Munro
<thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Are you saying we should do the work now to create a per-transaction
> DSM segment + DSA area + thing that every backend attaches to?

No, I was just thinking you could stuff it into the per-parallel-query
DSM/DSA.  But...

> I didn't think creating backend local hash tables would be a problem
> because it's a vanishingly rare occurrence for the hash table to be
> created at all (ie when you've altered an enum), and if created, to
> have more than a couple of entries in it.

...this is also a fair point.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company