Re: WIP: a way forward on bootstrap data

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: WIP: a way forward on bootstrap data
Дата
Re: WIP: a way forward on bootstrap data  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 3:44 PM, Mark Dilger <hornschnorter@gmail.com> wrote:
> There still seems to be a lot of boilerplate in the .dat files
> that could be eliminated.  Tom mentioned upthread that he did
> not want too much magic in genbki.pl or Catalog.pm, but I think
> I can propose putting some magic in the header files themselves.
>
> Take, for example, some of the fields in pg_type.dat.  I'll elide
> the ones I'm not talking about with ...:
>

> {... typname => 'X', ... typinput => 'Xin', typoutput => 'Xout',
>  typreceive => 'Xrecv', typsend => 'Xsend', ... },

-1 for trying to automate this.  It varies between fooin and foo_in,
and it'll be annoying to have to remember which one happens
automatically and which one needs an override.

> If we changed pg_proc.h:
>
>         /* procedure source text */
> -       text            prosrc BKI_FORCE_NOT_NULL;
> +       text            prosrc BKI_DEFAULT("${proname}") BKI_FORCE_NOT_NULL;
>
> we could remove the prosrc field from many of the records, which would
> do a better job of calling attention to the remaining records where the
> C function name differs from the SQL function name.

That one I kinda like.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company