Re: Should contrib modules install .h files?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Should contrib modules install .h files?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 12:56 PM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> On the other hand, _I'm_ getting pressure from at least one packager to
>> nail down a final release of pllua-ng so they can build it along with
>> beta3 (in place of the old broken pllua), which obviously I can't do if
>> I keep having to fiddle with workarounds for hstore.h.
>
> I just don't have a lot of sympathy for that, given the
> months-after-freeze-window timing. It's not like *any* of this just
> started to be problematic in v11.

Yeah, I agree.  Andrew, it seems to me that you brought this problem
on yourself.  You rammed a patch through four months after feature
freeze with a marginal consensus and are now complaining about having
to spend more time on it.  Well, that's a self-inflicted injury.  If
you don't commit features with a marginal consensus and/or don't do it
four months after feature freeze, you won't get nearly as much
pushback.

Don't get me wrong -- I think you've done a lot of great work over the
years and I'm glad to have you involved both as a contributor and as a
committer of your own patches and those of others.  It's just that
your email here reads as if you think that your commit privileges are
for your benefit rather than that of the project, and that's not how
it works.  Everybody here is free to pursue the things they think are
interesting and the diversity of such things is part of the strength
of the project, but nobody is free to ram through changes that make
life better for them and worse for other people, even if they don't
agree with the complaints those other people make.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: FailedAssertion on partprune
Сообщение: Re: FailedAssertion on partprune