Re: Inconsistent error message wording for REINDEX CONCURRENTLY

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Inconsistent error message wording for REINDEX CONCURRENTLY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 4:02 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 12:20:58AM -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > I wonder if we really want to abolish all distinction between "cannot do
> > X" and "Y is not supported".  I take the former to mean that the
> > operation is impossible to do for some reason, while the latter means we
> > just haven't implemented it yet and it seems likely to get implemented
> > in a reasonable timeframe.  See some excellent commentary about about
> > the "can not" wording at
> > https://postgr.es/m/CA+TgmoYS8jKhETyhGYTYMcbvGPwYY=qA6yYp9B47MX7MweE25w@mail.gmail.com
>
> Incorrect URL?

That's one of my messages that never made it through to the list.

Try http://postgr.es/m/CA+TgmoZ0HZuLGVLkF_LRTNYDijic4nqd-EpCDf_NgtMksfNL1g@mail.gmail.com

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: message style
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: "WIP: Data at rest encryption" patch and, PostgreSQL 11-beta3