Re: libpq compression

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: libpq compression
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 2:33 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I'd assume that there's a direct correlation between the compression level
> setting and the window size; but I've not studied the libzstd docs in
> enough detail to know what it is.

But there is a privilege boundary between the sender and the receiver.
What's alleged here is that the sender can do a thing which causes the
receiver to burn through tons of memory. It doesn't help anything to
say, well, the sender ought to use a window size of N or less. What if
they don't?

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com