Re: [HACKERS] pageinspect: Hash index support

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pageinspect: Hash index support
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 3, 2017 at 10:11 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> BTW, the buildfarm is still crashing on ia64 and sparc64 members.
> I believe this is the same problem addressed in 84ad68d64 for
> pageinspect's GIN functions, to wit, the payload of a "bytea"
> is not maxaligned, so machines that care about alignment won't be
> happy when trying to fetch 64-bit values out of a bytea page image.
>
> Clearly, the fix should be to start using the get_page_from_raw()
> function that Peter introduced in that patch.  But it's static in
> ginfuncs.c, which I thought was a mistake at the time, and it's
> proven so now.
>
> contrib/pageinspect actually seems to lack *any* infrastructure
> for sharing functions across modules.  It's time to remedy that.
> I propose inventing "pageinspect.h" to hold commonly visible
> declarations, and moving get_page_from_raw() into rawpage.c,
> which seems like a reasonably natural home for it.  (Alternatively,
> we could invent a pageinspect.c file to hold utility functions,
> but that might be overkill.)

No objections.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pageinspect: Try to fix some bugs in previous commit.
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: pageinspect: Try to fix some bugs in previous commit.