Re: [HACKERS] Pluggable storage

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Pluggable storage
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 15, 2017 at 6:36 PM, Alexander Korotkov
<a.korotkov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> I think in general there are two ways dealing with out index AM API
> limitation.  One of them is to extend index AM API.

That's pretty much what I have in mind.  I think it's likely that if
we end up with, say, 3 kinds of heap and 12 kinds of index, there will
be some compatibility matrix.  Some index AMs will be compatible with
some heap AMs, and others won't be.  For example, if somebody makes an
IOT-type heap using the API proposed here or some other one, BRIN
probably won't work at all.  btree, on the other hand, could probably
be made to work, perhaps with some greater or lesser degree of
modification.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company