Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Annoying build warnings from latest Apple toolchain
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 3:53 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> 13.6.2?  longfin's host is on 13.6.1, and the only thing Software
> Update is showing me is an option to upgrade to Sonoma.  But anyway...

Uh, I guess Apple made a special version just for me? That's
definitely what it says.

> > [2264/2287] Linking target src/interfaces/ecpg/test/sql/parser
> > ld: warning: -undefined error is deprecated
> > ld: warning: ignoring duplicate libraries: '-lz'
>
> Hmm ... I fixed these things in the autoconf build: neither my
> buildfarm animals nor manual builds show any warnings.  I thought
> the problems weren't there in the meson build.  Need to take another
> look I guess.

They're definitely there for me, and there are a whole lot of them. I
would have thought that if they were there for you in the meson build
you would have noticed, since ninja suppresses a lot of distracting
output that make prints.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com