Re: removal of dangling temp tables

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: removal of dangling temp tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 12:27 PM Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Hmm, I think in the case covered by your commit, that is a session that
> crashes with a few thousands of temp tables, this new patch might cause
> a failure to open a new session altogether.

Oh, good point.  Or if the catalog is corrupted.

> Maybe it'd be better to change temp table removal to always drop
> max_locks_per_transaction objects at a time (ie. commit/start a new
> transaction every so many objects).

We're basically just doing DROP SCHEMA ... CASCADE, so I'm not sure
how we'd implement that, but I agree it would be significantly better.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: removal of dangling temp tables
Сообщение: Re: removal of dangling temp tables