Re: Displaying accumulated autovacuum cost

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Displaying accumulated autovacuum cost
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 08/17/2011 07:42 PM, Euler Taveira de Oliveira wrote:
>>
>> I don't like exposing this information only on title processes. It would
>> be difficult for client apps (for example, PGAdmin) to track this kind of
>> information and it is restricted to local access. I'm not objecting to
>> display this information in process title; I'm just saying that that
>> information should be exposed in  functions (say
>> pg_stat_get_vacuum_[hit|miss|dirty]) too.
>
> I tend to build the simplest possible thing that is useful enough to work.
>  The data is getting stored and shown now, where it wasn't before.  If it's
> possible to expose that in additional ways later too, great.  The big step
> up for this information is to go from "unobtainable" to "obtainable".  I'd
> prefer not to add a quest for "easily obtainable" to the requirements until
> that big jump is made, for fear it will cause nothing to get delivered.

Perhaps a reasonable way to break up the patch would be:

- Part 1: Gather the information and display it in the
log_autovacuum_min_duration output.
- Part 2: Add the ability to see the information incrementally (via
some mechanism yet to be agreed upon).

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company