Re: Advisory locks seem rather broken

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Advisory locks seem rather broken
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 12:12 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> AFAICS you'd either use transactional or session level, but to use
> both seems bizarre.

I'm a bit confused by all this, because we use both transaction and
session level locks internally - on the same lock tags - so I don't
know why we think it wouldn't be useful for user code to do the same.

In fact I'm a bit confused by the original complaint for the same
reason - if LockRelationOid and LockRelationIdForSession can coexist,
why doesn't the same thing work for advisory locks?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company