Re: Parallel Seq Scan

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Parallel Seq Scan
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 17, 2015 at 2:44 AM, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not denying from that fact, the point I wanted to convey here is that
> the logic guarded by "params != estate->paramLI" in plpgsql_param_fetch
> is only needed if cursors are in use otherwise we won't need them even
> for parallel query.

Well, I think what Noah and are trying to explain is that this is not
true.  The problem is that, even if there are no cursors anywhere in
the picture, there might be some variable in the param list that is
not used by the parallel query but which, if evaluated, leads to an
error.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company