Re: [HACKERS] Multi column range partition table

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Multi column range partition table
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 6:40 AM, Dean Rasheed <dean.a.rasheed@gmail.com> wrote:
> Technically, anything that can be done using INCLUSIVE/EXCLUSIVE can
> also be done using using MINVALUE/MAXVALUE, by artificially adding
> another partitioning column and making it unbounded above/below, but
> that would really just be a hack, and it (artificially adding an extra
> column) would be unnecessary if we added INCLUSIVE/EXCLUSIVE support
> in a later release. Thus, I think the 2 features would complement each
> other quite nicely.

OK, works for me.  I'm not really keen about the MINVALUE/MAXVALUE
syntax -- it's really +/- infinity, not a value at all -- but I
haven't got a better proposal and yours at least has the virtue of
perhaps being familiar to those who know about Oracle.

Do you want to own this open item, then?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company