Re: [v9.2] make_greater_string() does not return a string in some cases

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [v9.2] make_greater_string() does not return a string in some cases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Oct 29, 2011 at 1:16 PM,  <horiguchi.kyotaro@oss.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> Hello, I feel at a loss what to do...
>
>> I thought that code was looking for 0xED/0xF4 in the second position,
>> but it's actually looking for them in the first position, which makes
>> vastly more sense.  Whee!
>
> Anyway, I try to describe another aspect of this code a the present.

I've committed this, after a good deal of hacking on the comments,
some coding style cleanup, and one bug fix:

+               workstr[len] = '\0';

Without that, when we start fiddling with the second-to-last
character, the last one is still hanging around, which is different
than the old behavior.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company