Re: making relfilenodes 56 bits

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: making relfilenodes 56 bits
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jul 26, 2022 at 2:07 AM Dilip Kumar <dilipbalaut@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have thought about it while doing so but I am not sure whether it is
> a good idea or not, because before my change these all were macros
> with 2 naming conventions so I just changed to inline function so why
> to change the name.

Well, the reason to change the name would be for consistency. It feels
weird to have some NAMES_LIKETHIS() and other NamesLikeThis().

Now, an argument against that is that it will make back-patching more
annoying, if any code using these functions/macros is touched. But
since the calling sequence is changing anyway (you now have to pass a
pointer rather than the object itself) that argument doesn't really
carry any weight. So I would favor ClearBufferTag(), InitBufferTag(),
etc.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com