Re: minimizing pg_stat_statements performance overhead

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: minimizing pg_stat_statements performance overhead
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 5:37 AM Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
> Re: Raymond Martin 2019-04-01 <BN8PR21MB121708579A3782866DF1F745B1550@BN8PR21MB1217.namprd21.prod.outlook.com>
> > Thanks again Fabien. I am attaching the patch to this email in the hope of getting it approved during the next
commitfest.

> you sent the patch as UTF-16, could you re-send it as plain ascii?

One thing that needs some thought here is what happens if the value of
pgss_enabled() changes.  For example we don't want a situation where
if the value changes from off to on between one stage of processing
and another, the server crashes.

I don't know whether that's a risk here or not; it's just something to
think about.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company