Re: Should we nonblocking open FIFO files in COPY?

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Should we nonblocking open FIFO files in COPY?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Dec 21, 2017 at 10:10 PM, Adam Lee <ali@pivotal.io> wrote:
> I have an issue that COPY from a FIFO, which has no writers, could not be
> canceled, because COPY invokes AllocateFile() -> fopen() -> blocking open().

Hmm.  What about the case where we try to open a plain file that's on
an inaccessible filesystem, e.g. due to a disk failure?  Allowing
cancel to work just for FIFOs would be OK, I guess, but allowing it
for other open() calls that hang would be better.  I'm not sure if we
can make it work that way, but it would be nice if we could.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company