Re: A not so good comparison of MVCC implementations

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: A not so good comparison of MVCC implementations
Дата
Re: A not so good comparison of MVCC implementations
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 7:22 AM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> * Thomas Kellerer (spam_eater@gmx.net) wrote:
>> https://dzone.com/articles/database-design-decisions-for-multi-version-concur
>>
>> That doesn't make Postgres look particular well
>
> While interesting, if I'm following the paper correctly, they didn't
> actually test *Postgres*, they tested their own implementation of how PG
> works using "Peloton".

Yeah, that's really deceptive.

> They also, apparently, discounted latency pretty
> heavily given that their graph shows their "PG" implementation having
> the lowest latency of all of the options.

Also, they seem to be comparing against PostgreSQL with SSI running
(transaction isolation level serializable) which is not actually the
way that people typically configure PostgreSQL.

The point of the article seems to be to say that NuoDB made some good
design decisions, rather than to objective compare existing systems.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: A not so good comparison of MVCC implementations
Сообщение: Re: A not so good comparison of MVCC implementations