Re: Bug with pg_ctl -w/wait and config-only directories

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Bug with pg_ctl -w/wait and config-only directories
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 3:59 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
> pg_ctl would have to do some detective work to see if PG_VERSION existed
> in that directory and adjust its behavior --- the pg_upgrade patch I
> posted does this kind of detection.  The goal is the change would happen
> only for people using config-only directories, and when a config-only
> directory is specified.

Exactly.  That sounds like a good improvement for master even if
pg_upgrade were not at issue, and we should do it.  We can also
consider whether it makes sense to back-patch it so that pg_upgrade
can benefit from it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Bug with pg_ctl -w/wait and config-only directories
Сообщение: Re: Bug with pg_ctl -w/wait and config-only directories