Re: Viability of text HISTORY/INSTALL/regression README files (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Document a few more regression test hazards.)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Viability of text HISTORY/INSTALL/regression README files (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Document a few more regression test hazards.)
Дата
Ответ на Viability of text HISTORY/INSTALL/regression README files (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Document a few more regression test hazards.)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Ответы Re: Re: Viability of text HISTORY/INSTALL/regression README files (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Document a few more regression test hazards.)  (Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc>)
Список pgsql-docs
On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 11:43 PM, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com> wrote:
>> Right.  I mean, a lot of the links say things like "Section 26.2"
>> which obviously makes no sense in a standalone text file.
>
> For <xref>s normally displayed that way, text output could emit a URL, either
> inline or in the form of a footnote.  For link targets (e.g. SQL commands)
> having a friendly text fragment for <xref> sites, use the normal fragment.

True.  If we're going to keep these things around, something like that
would avoid some annoyances for documentation authors.  But I still
think we ought to just nuke them, because who cares?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company