Re: Checkpointer on hot standby runs without looking checkpoint_segments

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Checkpointer on hot standby runs without looking checkpoint_segments
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 5:08 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
<horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> I don't know why you hate to decrease checkpoint interval so much
> despite I proposed to do so only during WAL streaming (and
> additionaly allowing it to be optional), we have another and
> enough reason to want *to be able* to do so. Averaging disk usage
> is not a trivial issue for some users or - I suppose (or hope?) -
> not a few users. This is a subject not only of resource limit but
> also of operation management.

I agree.  I think there should be a way to do this.  I see the problem
with the proposed patch, but I think that means we need a better idea,
not that the problem is unimportant.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: spinlock->pthread_mutex : first results with Jeff's pgbench+plsql
Сообщение: Re: spinlock->pthread_mutex : first results with Jeff's pgbench+plsql