Re: [HACKERS] Tuple-routing for certain partitioned tables notworking as expected

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Tuple-routing for certain partitioned tables notworking as expected
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 5:13 AM, Etsuro Fujita
<fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> On 2017/08/30 17:20, Etsuro Fujita wrote:
>> Here is a patch to skip the CheckValidResultRel checks for a target table
>> if it's a foreign partition to perform tuple-routing for, as proposed by
>> Robert.
>
> In the patch, to skip the checks, I passed to CheckValidResultRel a new flag
> indicating whether the target relation is a partition to do tuple-routing
> for, but while updating another patch for tuple-routing for foreign
> partitions in PG11, I noticed that it would be better to pass ResultRelInfo
> than that flag.  The reason is: (1) we can see whether the relation is such
> a partition by looking at the ResultRelInfo's ri_PartitionRoot, instead of
> that flag, and (2) this is for tuple-routing for foreign partitions, but we
> could extend that function with that argument to do the checks without
> throwing an error and save the result in a new member of ResultRelInfo (eg,
> ri_PartitionIsValid) so that we can use that info to determine in ExecInsert
> whether a foreign partition chosen by ExecFindPartition is valid for
> tuple-routing.  So, I updated the patch that way.  Attached is an updated
> version of the patch.

OK, committed to master and v10.  I am less convinced than you that
this was a must-fix issue, but it's not a very invasive change the way
you did it here.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company