Re: Action requested - Application Softblock implemented | Issue report ID341057

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Action requested - Application Softblock implemented | Issue report ID341057
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 9:43 AM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 2:27 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
>> <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

>>> Version 8.2 is quite old, and the community support for it will end in
>>> December. I don't think anyone cares if it works on Windows 8. If you could
>>> test with PostgreSQL 9.1, that would be great.
>>
>> On the other hand, it seems as though they've identified the offending
>> code, so maybe it wouldn't be that much work to fix:
>
> This is in the old 8.2 MSI installer, which doesn't even support
> Windows 7 (and would require more work than just this to do so). The
> last ever release of 8.2 will happen long before Windows 8 is going to
> go GA - it's safe to say this version is never going to be supported
> on Windows 8.

That seems strange, since the MSFT guy is reporting that whatever he
tested did work on Windows 7, but now that you've pointed out that
Windows 8 won't be released until after we stop supporting 8.2, I am
filled with uncaring.

Perhaps if the MSFT guys want a link to direct people to, we could
suggest http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_Release_Support_Policy

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company