Re: pg_dump selectively ignores extension configuration tables

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: pg_dump selectively ignores extension configuration tables
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 5:07 PM, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
> (reposting" apparently I used a verboten word the first
>  time around <sigh>. Sorry for any duplicates)
>
> The -t and -n options of pg_dump do not dump anything from an extension
> configuration table, whereas normal pg_dump will dump the user data.
>
> To see what I mean, in psql do (tested on pg9.2):
> 8<--------------------------
> create extension postgis;
> insert into spatial_ref_sys
>   values(42,'test',42,'foo','bar');
> 8<--------------------------
>
> Then in bash do:
> 8<--------------------------
> pg_dump                    test|grep spatial_ref_sys
> pg_dump -t spatial_ref_sys test|grep spatial_ref_sys
> pg_dump -n public          test|grep spatial_ref_sys
>
> Is this intentional, or oversight, or missing feature?

Hmm.  It doesn't seem right to me.  It seems like it should either
dump everything, or dump just the user data portion, when the name
matches.  Not entirely sure which - probably the latter?

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company