Re: backup manifests

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: backup manifests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 30, 2019 at 5:31 AM Jeevan Chalke
<jeevan.chalke@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Entry for directory is not added in manifest. So it might be difficult
> at client to get to know about the directories. Will it be good to add
> an entry for each directory too? May be like:
> Dir    <dirname> <mtime>

Well, what kind of corruption would this allow us to detect that we
can't detect as things stand? I think the only case is an empty
directory. If it's not empty, we'd have some entries for the files in
that directory, and those files won't be able to exist unless the
directory does. But, how would we end up backing up an empty
directory, anyway?

I don't really *mind* adding directories into the manifest, but I'm
not sure how much it helps.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company