Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Apr 26, 2016 at 8:08 PM, Josh berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> I've created a wiki page based on the content from this thread, for
> better collaboration.
>
> https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/9.6betareleasedraft
>
> Changes I made:
>
> 1. adding template content from prior beta releases
>
> 2. rephrasing some features to try to make them clearer to casual users
> (this still needs help)
>
> 3. Noting that API/feature changes may still happen, because they may.
> In fact, we're pretty sure that we're at least changing a few GUC names.

IMHO, your "rephrasing" has made this much worse.  You changed the
description of multiple synchronous standbys so that it now mentions
only multiple synchronous standbys and omits all mention of
synchronous_commit=remote_apply; JD's last version mentioned both.
You changed the description of pushdown for FDW so that it no longer
talks about direct updates, just sort and join pushdown.  And you
changed the description of the freeze map changes so that it's wildly
inaccurate.  I think the last version JD posted was much better.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft
Сообщение: Re: Beta1 announcement: alpha1 draft