Re: Proposal: Document ABI Compatibility

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Proposal: Document ABI Compatibility
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jun 17, 2024 at 6:38 PM David E. Wheeler <david@justatheory.com> wrote:
> Is it? ISTM that there is the intention not to break things that don’t need to be broken, though that doesn’t rule
outinterface improvements.

I suppose that it's true that we try to avoid gratuitous breakage, but
I feel like it would be weird to document that.

Sometimes I go to a store and I see a sign that says "shoplifters will
be prosecuted." But I have yet to see a store with a sign that says
"people who appear to be doing absolutely nothing wrong will not be
prosecuted." If I did see such a sign, I would frankly be a little
concerned.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com