Re: Bug in nbtree optimization to skip > operator comparisons (or < comparisons in backwards scans)

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Bug in nbtree optimization to skip > operator comparisons (or < comparisons in backwards scans)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 5, 2023 at 8:15 PM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> Just to be clear, you're raising a concern that seems to me to apply
> to "the other optimization" from the same commit, specifically -- the
> precheck optimization. Not the one I found a problem in. (They're
> closely related but distinct optimizations.)

It isn't very clear from the commit message that this commit is doing
two different things, and in fact I'm still unclear on what exactly
the other optimization is.

--
Robert Haas
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com