Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Windows service is not starting so there’s message in log: FATAL: "could not create shared memory segment “Global/PostgreSQL.851401618”: Permission denied”

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Windows service is not starting so there’s message in log: FATAL: "could not create shared memory segment “Global/PostgreSQL.851401618”: Permission denied”
Дата
Ответ на Re: Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Re: [HACKERS] Windows service is not starting so there’s message in log: FATAL: "could not create shared memory segment “Global/PostgreSQL.851401618”: Permission denied”  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Sep 20, 2016 at 1:03 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On Thu, May 26, 2016 at 7:44 PM, Michael Paquier
>> <michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Yeah, it is definitely better to register it. And I have switched the
>>> patch as ready for committer just now.
>
>> Committed and back-patched to 9.4, where DSM was introduced.
>
> ISTM both the previous coding and this version can fail for no good
> reason, that is what if GetLastError() happens to return one of these
> error codes as a result of some unrelated failure from before this
> subroutine is entered?  That is, wouldn't it be a good idea to
> do SetLastError(0) before calling CreateFileMapping?  Or is the latter
> guaranteed to do that on success?  I don't see that stated in its
> man page.

I'll leave it to people who know more about Windows than I do to opine
on that.  I suspect it's not too seriously broken because we've
managed to cut two (almost three) major releases since this code was
written without any complaints about that.  But there may well be
something that can be tightened up.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company