Re: [HACKERS] pg_stop_backup(wait_for_archive := true) on standby server

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pg_stop_backup(wait_for_archive := true) on standby server
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 12:31 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
> Those backup scripts might very well be, today, producing invalid
> backups though, which would be much less good..

True.  However, I suspect that depends on what procedure is actually
being followed.  If *everyone* who is using this is getting corrupt
backups, then of course changing the behavior is a no-brainer.  But if
*some* people are getting correct backups and *some* people are
getting incorrect backups, depending on procedure, then I think
changing it is unwise.  We should optimize for the case of a user who
is currently doing something smart, not one who is doing something
dumb.

> I'd hate to have to do it, but we could technically add a GUC to address
> this in the back-branches, no?  I'm not sure that's really worthwhile
> though..

That would be mighty ugly.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pg_stop_backup(wait_for_archive := true) on standbyserver
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pg_stop_backup(wait_for_archive := true) on standbyserver