Re: Freeze avoidance of very large table.

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: Freeze avoidance of very large table.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 12:41 PM, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Attached latest version optimisation patch.
> I'm still consider regarding pg_upgrade regression test code, so I
> will submit that patch later.

I was thinking more about this today and I think that we don't
actually need the PD_ALL_FROZEN page-level bit for anything.  It's
enough that the bit is present in the visibility map.  The only point
of PD_ALL_VISIBLE is that it tells us that we need to clear the
visibility map bit, but that bit is enough to tell us to clear both
visibility map bits.  So I propose the attached cleanup patch.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Вложения