Re: New CF app deployment

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: New CF app deployment
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 5:36 PM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> In order to get a consensus on moving to a new app I had to explain what
> was wrong with the old app.  Eventually I had to use strong language to
> do so, because nobody was paying attention otherwise.  While Magnus's
> app isn't my original proposal, I'm 100% behind it because it gets us
> moving forward and eliminates a lot of obstacles both to submitters and
> CFMs.  If Magnus hasn't already, in the future we'll be able to add more
> features to make things faster for major reviewers as well.

Frankly, I don't believe that you had much to do with getting
consensus on moving to a new app.  I believe Magnus did that, mostly
by writing it.  And I'm not complaining about whatever strong language
you may have used in the past; I'm complaining about you showing up on
this thread now, after the switch has already been made, to lob
insults.

>> And I think that's great, because hopefully it will
>> eventually make this much nicer than what I had. It isn't nicer yet,
>> though, and you showing up and tossing out insults based on
>> revisionist history won't fix that.
>
> You didn't previously say "isn't nicer".  You said "essentially
> unusuable".  There's a big difference between those two phrases.  Your
> emails came off as "the new app is a disaster, we should revert
> immediately", and I'm not the only one who read them that way.

I stand by what I said.  I find it very hard to use in the present
state for the reasons that I set out.  That was not intended as a
request for a revert.  I have subsequently written several emails
clarifying my position on that point.  If Magnus *wants* to revert it,
that's fine.  But I suspect he doesn't, and that's fine too.  However,
I'd very much like the features that are missing added back, and,
yeah, I'm annoyed that they are missing.

> If you're going to throw around negative hyperbole, expect to get it
> thrown back at you.

Oh, give me a break.

>> What particularly peeves me about your remarks is that you've
>> basically made no contribution to the CommitFest process in years.
>
> Aside from being a CFM for one CF each year, of course.

OK, perhaps I'm overstating it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company